In this episode of Great Woman Theory, our hosts discuss Rose Marie McCoy, the prolific song writer behind some of the greatest hits of the 50’s & 60’s. She stepped into the brutal world of songwriting, carved out her own space, and made herself one of the most sought after talents in Blues and Rock n Roll. Learn all about the woman behind some of the biggest names in the game.
Songs mentioned in the episode:
- Gabbin’ Blues – Big Maybelle
- Way Back Home – Big Maybelle
- Well All Right – Big Joe Turner
- Mambo Baby – Ruth Brown
- Hurts Me to My Heart – Faye Adams
- Piddily Patter Patter – Nappy Brown
- If I May – Nat King Cole
- Letter from My Darling – Little Willie John
- Trying to Get to You – Elvis Presley
- I Think It’s Gonna Work Out Fine – Ike and Tina Turner
- We’ll Cry Together – Maxine Brown
- Got to See If I Can’t Get Mommy (To Come Back Home) – Jerry Butler
Note: Any missing songs were not able to be found on Spotify at the time of searching.
Image from Arkansas Democrat Gazette by Nikki Dawes.